11. Looking for a paper clip under the bed when there’s a full box on the desk.
10. Making a resolution that you will clean out the junk drawer, and doing it.
9. Sharpening, shaving a mechanical pencil lead.
8. Procrastinating, then procrastinating, then….
7. Plucking out another grey hair instead of hitting the send button when submitting a short story to a literary magazine.
6. Watching Puss in Boots in a cat fight and trying to count how many Siamese cats there were in the scene.
7. Editing the same paragraph until it becomes unreadable to Earthlings and publishers.
6. Making a sacrificial offering, of my best sentence, to the Writing Muse.
(There is no such thing.)
5. Telling yourself, ” I can write,”ten times then forgetting how to spell non-sense.
4. Did I forget to feed the monkey?
3. Reading a great review and forgetting that your mother wrote it when you were six.
1. Making this list instead of editing my work!
Copyright 2014 Digestible Ink